09/2001 - 03/2002
ASG - Advanced Services Group
Sr. Applications Developer
Created a working prototype for major University MBA students collaboration
console deployed for pilot on 09/27/2001. Created a prototype for Syllabus
and Survey Wizards for faculty users. The prototype is written in Classic ASP and I
recently began converting it to Asp.Net using C#, and custom namespaces.
- Designed and developed a notification system for students, allowing them to
view events and tasks due at a glance.
- Designed and wrote all, SQL Server 2000, stored procedures and triggers to support the
above notification system.
- Designed and developed a data entry system for entering syllabus items,
class schedule events, and class materials and resources into the database.
- Designed and developed a threaded messaging tool for students and faculty
- Wrote asp code to dynamically generate syllabus, class schedule and resource
pages capable of being viewed on demand or printed.
9/2000 - 4/2001
Applications Developer 2
Supported Microsoft internal order management system, a major e-commerce
n-tier database project using the latest Microsoft development tools,
SQL Sever, Site Server and Microsoft e-Commerce Building Blocks.
- Analyzed ASP code, making necessary changes to optimize performance.
- Wrote design specifications, operations guides and release notes, as well as participating in design spec and code reviews.
- Used VBA to create automation documents in outlook and Microsoft Word including design specification template.
- Integrated PASSPORT authentication into order management application.
- Created VB Component for ASP to dynamically rebuild XML configuration documents using raw data from any data source.
- Wrote toolbar prototype utilizing XML/XSL as a proposed solution to localization issue.
- Created internal developer website with search, XML, XSL, ADO, RS, Web Folders and Ole component to jump start new developers as they joined the team.
- Began working with .Net platform to design an ASP+ transition plan for next generation of order management.
07/1999 - 08/2000
Lead Internal Applications Developer
Web3000 is an Internet startup company within the Internet marketing sector, as lead developer
I created and executed the project schedule, wrote design and development specifications,
and mentored to two web developers.
8/1997 - 7/1999
Excell Data Corporation
- Provided ASP development support for both public and internal web sites.
Converted raw sql calls to SQL Server 7.0 stored procedures with transaction / roll back and error handling.
- Wrote Exchange Server Event Agents to facilitate collaboration, validate and check
subscriber email addresses, parse download records and enter data into various databases.
- Developed application to provide metrics for customer support manager. Developed Exchange
server agent to convert customers plain email messages into custom task forms for customer
- Introduced and developed outlook forms to provide fast and efficient methods for ordering new
equipment, requesting services, posting application change orders and our software development
- Designed and developed Microsoft digital dashboard providing a single point for finding
documents, group and individual status, and post group metrics.
- Created exchange server custom forms library based on outlook VBA. This was a point and
click application that replaced the traditional Microsoft Outlook Mail interface for launching forms.
User Used outlook VBA to create a forms library on exchange server. This was a point and
click application that replaced the normal Microsoft Outlook Mail interface for
launching forms. User clinks on hyperlink that launches the correct form and
VBA code posts the form to the correct public folder and notifies others that
form was posted.
- Developed ASP interface that utilized remote scripting to provide an automated build and
release system for our software development group.
- Developed custom internal ASP bug tracking system based on specs written by the development team.
ASP/Internet Applications Developer
Based on program specifications, developed a prototype web portal site.
Created a company wide Component Database used to support the localization effort.
- Installed, configured and implemented Site Server 3.0 Personalization and Membership.
- Created User Interface design.
- Worked with team to install and configure third party software.
- eveloped asp templates for a large content team based on program specifications, working against strict testing, and publication schedules.
- Created server side scripts for the production of static HTML content supporting newer and older browser technologies.
- Coded to a predefined publishing system object model and documented our custom page object model.
- Created Web Farm model to effectively balance current and future development.
- Created check-in documentation procedure for development group.
- Contributed to various processes necessary for controlling large publishing projects.
Designed, developed and implemented web based Real Estate Relocation System using:
- Created the database schema first in Access and then ported to SQL Server 6.5.
- Created the interactive web forms utilizing DHTML for robustness.
- Wrote SQL Server stored procedures for maintaining database and extracting data.
- Created web based defect control system.
- Created SQL query engine for producing canned and custom reports.
- HTML and scripting languages to create active content on the client.
- ADODB technology to interface with SQL server database.
- Server side scripting to include dynamic content for registration process form.
- Built ASP security module to handle remote SSL server.
- Coded VBScript server data validation routines to maintain data integrity.
- Setup tasks on SQL Server to perform routine weekly Database management functions.
- Incorporated transaction e-mail using ASPmail.
- Created interactive automated defect control system.
8/1992 - 2/1997
Information Engineering Technician
Designed, created and deployed real-time Web-based engineering knowledgebase using:
Created centralized release engineering process using:
- HTML-integrated Cold Fusion Markup Language to collect and process data
entered in HTML forms.
- AWK and batch scripting for automation of disk build.
- Word Basic to create interactive forms wizards for software submittals.